Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review & Swatches: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow

Winter is almost over, so I figured it'd be high time to post about this classic lipstick I've had in my collection for a couple months now; it's Revlon Cherries in the Snow!

In the blogosphere, Cherries in the Snow seems to be well loved by nearly all beauty addicts, and I can definitely see why; the cool pinked cherry can look flattering on all skintones, and the formula is just dreamy: smooth, creamy and surprisingly long lasting - in fact, it outlasts my Chanel and YSL lipsticks! It might appear a bit overwhelming straight out of the tube, but as with most bold and pigmented lipsticks, it can be worked into the lips for a light stain which is not nearly as intense as opaque application.

I quite like that the tube has a clear top through which you can see the shade (that's especially important if you store your lipsticks upright in a drawer - I don't, but I can still appreciate the design...), and that the bottom sticker matches the color of the lipstick and clearly states the name of the shade AND the finish. So smart, yet so simple!

Admittedly, I didn't really need that shade - both Inglot no. 58 slim gel lipstick and Milani Berry Rich lipstick are fairly similar... but not the same, heh? Different enough to justify having all three in my eyes. #confessions of a blue-based red/fuschia lipstick addict

As always here, the sheer stain lip swatch on bare lips is on the top, opaque application on the bottom - straight out of the bullet, no lip liner.

I decided to also show a more toothy swatch - see how white it makes my teeth look? That's make-up magic in action right there for ya.

And this is a full face shot in natural daylight. I think I took the photos maybe 3-4 hours from the time of application, so it's a bit faded; impressive how evenly it wore, right?

All in all, I do recommend this shade and formula a lot; the price-quality-availability ratio is hard to beat in this case. Have you tried Revlon Cherries in the Snow? What is your favorite Revlon lipstick shade and formula?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar