Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Foundation Review: Wet N' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Today's review is for the Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation in Shell Ivory


How NOT to open the package... this looks like something out of Star Wars :/


AvailabilityThis is available at walgreens.com and walmart.com, target.com as well as their respective physical store locations along with other drugstores which carry Wet N Wild (I got mine at Rite Aid) as well as wetnwild.com. The retail pricing will vary location to location because it's unregulated, however the average I'm finding is anywhere from $4-7.

Would I buy this again? Most likely

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from wetnwild.com, shall we?
Your skin, only better. Our new high-performing, skin-perfecting foundation underwent major road testing under seven different photo lighting conditions to deliver flawless camera-ready makeup every time. Specially made with a matte, light-diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfection.
High-performing, breakthrough formula
Featuring light-adjusting complex to help prevent white cast in photos
Tested under 7 light conditions with and without the use of flash
GOODBYE PHOTO FLASHBACK: Tested Under 7 light conditions and with top smartphone models.
Clear Blue Sunlit Sky
Outdoors PM
Indoors PM
Electronic Flash
Fluorescent Light
Bathroom Light
Nightclub Light
A panel of women were tested in a controlled environment simulating seven different lighting scenarios, with professionally-applied concealer, foundation and/or powder, and took their own selfies with iPhone 6S and/or Samsung Galaxy smartphones. The majority of study participants said that the resulting picture was ‘no flashback’ or ‘flawless’ or ‘perfect’.
‘Flashback’ occurs when white particles in face makeup reflect light released by flash photography, creating a white cast in photos; eliminating these particles combats that flashback. ‘Flawless’ or ‘perfect’ represents one’s self-assessment of the picture having all the desired qualities.
Pictured model is not one of the selfies taken as part of the study, and not an exact representation of actual product application. Any image shown on the merchandising or websites is for illustration purposes only. Results may vary depending on individual user’s selfie skills, phone model, or lighting condition. 



Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This is currently available in 20 shades. 

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a light-medium to medium-full, buildable coverage.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Outside of glycerin which is a humectant and draws moisture in from the environment I don't see any skin-friendly ingredients.

Is this scented?
This smells like paint a bit. It's not a strong scent and dissipates quickly.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Lightweight
-Good coverage
-Great color for my skin-tone
Cons:
- this might create issues on someone with a lot of texture to their skin
-while there is a great selection of shades for fair and medium skin-tones people with deeper complexions don't have very many options... *insert eye roll emoji here*
So I picked this up because Tati raves about it and Rite Aid was doing buy one get one 75% off so I figured YOLO, let's give this a try. It reminds me of the long-gone and beloved Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear although I hadn't had that foundation in so long (about 5-6 years) that I can't say for sure how closely they compare. I remember I loved the Lancome one because it was lightweight yet matte, gave me good coverage and didn't make me shiny. I feel like this delivers the same results and I really appreciate there being a rise in lightweight matte-finish foundations (likewise I like the rise of full-coverage dewy options).  I love that this looks and feels like skin while giving me a flawless finish.

What do I use to apply the product?
I applied this with both my Memebox large oval brush and Beauty Blender and it looked beautiful either way. Personally I prefer the oval brush because it gives me a fuller coverage.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar