Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Milani Powder Blush with Brush in #201 LUMINOUS

Another Milani blush!

Milani Powder Blush with Brush in #201 LUMINOUS
Luminous looks like a very boring blush in pan; it is something I would not have bought if not for the name, Luminous, that is similar to the famous Luminoso.

Packaging
It comes in standard Milani gold plastic packaging that is nowhere near gorgeous. The cover clicks shut, and the layer of plastic holding the 4.4 g pan of blush flips up to reveal a mirror and a brush (not shown in pictures).


Colour
In the pan, Luminous definitely reminds me a lot of both NARS Deep Throat and NARS Orgasm. But after several tests, it is nowhere near, because Luminous a lot more peach orange than both the NARS blushes.


Swatches
When swatched, Luminous is a rose peach with plum undertones. (NARS Deep Throat has no plum undertones.) Luminous is also peppered heavily with gold sheen.


Pigmentation
Gold tone makeup suits me very well, but I dislike the gold sheen in Luminous because it is way too heavy. Many of times, I find that I am just putting gold highlight onto my face, with no real colour. Like Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso, the pigmentation of the Milani powder blush in Luminous is poor.

However, I do find that the gold sheen decreases after some time of use. Looks like this blush was sprayed heavily with gold powder after completion, so as you wipe of the top layer, there is more blush pigment than gold pigments.

I also find that if I tap the brush hard and let the gold powder fly off, I can get a pretty decent application of blush colour, as in the photo below!

Milani Powder Blush in #201 Luminous on my cheek.
The gold sheen does highlight my cheeks pretty well, and below is a photo of that.


I do enjoy the soft luminous look that this blush gives.

Performance
This Milani Powder Blush performs better than I expected, in that it lasted a whole day, at least 6 hours of wear before the edges start to fade. I am impressed, because the Baked Blush in Luminoso was nowhere as good.

Price
I bought this at $22.90 from John Little departmental store a long time ago. It should be still widely available in the US and eBay. Milani is no longer available in Singapore.

Do I love it? Yes, and No.
I love the colour. I think it is pretty close enough to NARS Deep Throat; this kind of rose peach colour gives my medium yellow skin tone a beautiful flush. But I definitely hate the fact that I need to wear off the gold powder, and keep tapping my brush to remove excess, in order to get enough rose peach pigment.

Rating: 4/5.
Good. But I would still rather go for my NARS Deep Throat in spite of the price difference.

Based on the two Milani blushes that I have, I think I am really rather disappointed - I will not buy Milani blushes for anything more than $15. They are not bad things, but I find them too expensive for the quality.

Do you own any Milani blushes? How about Milani items? Good?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar