Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Haul: Chanel Illusions D'Ombre Fall 2011 Makeup Collection


L-R: Le Vernis in Quartz and Graphite, eyeshadows in Illusoire, Epatant, Emerveille & Ebloui (each conveniently come with its own brush applicator with cap).


G'day, long time no blog!  Hope you're all OK.  Been extremely busy of late (aren't we all?!), but I'm back to share a new exciting haul today. ^_^  

It is from the Chanel Fall 2011 Collection, which has been available in David Jones since last Friday (DJ usually release a couple of days before the official release date).  No need to rush though, as I've been told that with the exception of Le Vernis Nail Colours in 'Graphite' and 'Peridot' and Le Crayon Yeux in Khaki Platine, the entire collection is part of the permanent line (please correct me if I'm wrong with a comment below).  However, when I got there one of the items I was keen to purchase was the nail polish in 'Graphite', but that was already out of stock!  In fact most of the items I bought were either the last one or part of the last two, so they are pretty popular!  I managed to get the 'Graphite' nail polish in Myer, so give them a go if you can't wait a week for the new stock to arrive. ;-)

Anyhoo, here's what I bought from the collection:

Illusion D’ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow (4 out of the available 6)
  • Emerveillé (#82): peach
  • Epatant (#84): khaki
  • Illusoire (#83): purple
  • Ebloui (#86): red brown
Le Vernis Nail Colour (2 out of available 3)
  • Quartz (#525): silver beige
  • Graphite (#529): metallic silver (Limited Edition)
I have swatched the eyeshadows at the store and was quite impressed with the colour, pigmentation and the mousse-like soft texture that glides like a dream.  I saw graphite on the SA's finger nails which looked awesome, and I swatched Quartz which I initially did not intend on purchasing as it looked dupable and a bit boring in the bottle, but when I saw it swatched in person, it looked a lot more complex and beautiful, so I was lured into buying that one!  I swatched on tissue paper the "star" nail polish of the collection, which is called 'Peridot' (green/gold colour) and I must say it's unique and very interesting, but I couldn't see myself using it that often, plus I had to draw the line with my budget somewhere. ;-)

I'm particularly excited about this collection, as it's winter here in Australia and while it's been nice to enjoy all the recent spring and summer collections of late and fantasize about summer here, it's great to have colours that are more in sync with the cold and rainy weather we've been experiencing!

Tried / like the look of any of the items from the collection?  Let me know what you think with a comment below.

x

Meanwhile, here’s some sneak peek photos (please click on the image to enlarge)…

Eyeshadow in Ebloui (#86)
Eyeshadow in Emerveille (#82)
Eyeshadow in Illusoire (#83)
Eyeshadow in Epatant (#84)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar