Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge Cream Blush in 'Fresh Melon'


Ever since I pur-chased the Real Techniques Stippling Brush (I haven't done any review on it simply because YouTube and Blogger are full to the brim of them right now) my cream blushers have been making an appearance on my dressing table more than ever before. I'm very much a powder blush kind of girl. I've tried and tried to love my Topshop cream blushes and yet i always return to my trusty powders. However, the stippling brush has inspired me to give cream formulations another go and just recently i've been loving them and the dewy glow they give that powder blushes often lack.

I love corals and peach shades on the cheeks and my motherbear was kind enough to donate this blush to me as she prefers a slightly deeper shade (yay - free product!). The formulation is amazing; really soft and smooth with a dewy finish. Whereas my Topshop blushes have a cream to powder consistency, the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge feels moisturising and stays creamy even once applied. Personally, i liked it and despite the texture, the colour lasted for a good few hours without budging (even when it does disappear it doesn't 'melt' or go patchy - it just fades gradually). I have combination skin and i must admit i was a bit unsure at first. It does feel a bit too moisturising for me at times; i definitely won't be wearing this in warmer weather as i have the feeling it may be a bit heavy for me, however, if you often find your blush goes patchy due to dry skin on your cheeks, you'll love this.

I love that the product is multi-functional and you can also use it on the lips (it's handy to carry around in your bag as it also has a little mirror for application on the go). It applies quite sheer and can be built up for a brighter colour but it is so moisturising and looks amazing when worn as a blush at the same time. Of course, the packaging is just my cup of tea - sleek, matte black and sturdy and comes in a box (fantastico for storage purposes) and for £16.50 they're really worth it.

If you fancy dabbling in cream blush, i'd really recommend these; this one lasted me a whole day at uni without the need for any re-application at all (except for the odd touch up on my lips which understandably does fade quicker than it does on the cheeks!) However, if you do have oily skin or are prone to breakouts on your cheeks i'd probably stick to powders as it has a tendancy to feel quite heavy.  If you fancy a read up on any of my other favourites then heres a few suggestions to have a peek at (i must warn you they are all some form of coral shade - i just love coral way too much):

Illamasqua Power Blush - 'Lover' (favourite blush everr ever)

What are your favourite cream blushes of the moment?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar