Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Arrivals - January 2016

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another.  The only thing you won't be seeing in arrivals are items I'm given for consideration - two reasons for this 1. is that it's no fun if you anticipate all the reviews coming your way and 2. technically it's frowned upon at work to share the products you receive on social media platforms. Very few people, to my knowledge, have been reprimanded for it but I'm not taking my chances over minuscule things. 

1. Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Monster - I wanted to pick this up because I've been really loving the way highlighters with a pink shift look so I figured might as well try one that's inexpensive.

2. Colourpop Lippie Stix in TrixieWhen I saw the name I thought of Trixie Mattel and I just love this vivid reddish pink. So pretty.

3. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Dazed - I had this color and misplaced it at work which made me miserable since it's such a lovely deep red shade. Had to get me another.

4. Colourpop Lippie Stix in I Heart This: This looked to be a really pretty berry red. I'm on a red kick like crazy lately so I'm playing around with different variations and shades of red to keep me on my toes. Good times.

5.  Colourpop Lippie Stix in Tootsi: Alright so I was trying to find an inexpensive dupe for Stila Stay All Day Lipcolor in Baci and this is pretty close, albeit slightly less pink. I don't really have anything in the grey/greige family so I thought I'd give it a try, I mean for only $5 if it's hideous I don't feel too bad.

6.  Colourpop Ultra Matte in Solow: Solow is a really pretty neutral pink color that's a bit plummy. It's super pretty and is a good goes-with-everything all-occasion color so I figured I'd pick it up.

7. Colourpop Ultra Matte in Sundae: A super fun bright pink with a blue iridescence. I had to try this out... again... $6 c'mon... why not? This looks like such a fun spring/summer shade and might just break me out of my red phase. Then again I'm still in a big love affair with reds lately. 

8.  LASplash Cosmetics Dia De Los Muertes Studio Shine Lip Lustre in Sangre Azul : The name alone is a mouthful. A couple of things - the name is misleading, while this has a slight metallic finish (the swatches on the website were photoshopped and are most likely done using flash photography) it's not shinny or lustrous... it's liquid to a satin matte finish. Which is exactly why I got it, I wanted a satin-finish liquid-to-matte navy for the longest time... a true navy... and this is it. I absolutely adore it. 

Please let me know if you've got any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: Everything you see listed above was purchased by yours truly. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar