Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blogmas: Fenty Beauty Xmas Sets

Fenty Beauty have been killing the game since they launched in 2017. It was always going to be a successful launch because it is Rihanna's brand. With each launch they have continued the success of that initial launch but one seasonal launch that I feel has let the brand down previously is their Christmas launches. The Christmas ranges simply have not been that strong.


Back in 2017 the Galaxy Collection brought us the first exploration of colour from the brand. I liked the idea of it but when it came to wearability, the collection simply did not work for me and it would seem like that was the general consensus.

Last year's collection was a lovely Winter theme but once again I didn't think it was that strong. When I asked my work wife about it (she loves Fenty) she couldn't remember the collection. The collection was made up of new products: there were lip and eye crayons, a large foil highlight palette and they had a mini powder puff decoration which I bought in the post Christmas sale and was actually sold by Boots as part of Black Friday. The reason I do not think these collections were very popular/did not make a strong collection was because they were completely new products opposed to being gift sets. This is a big change that Fenty have made for this years' collection; they are gift sets of products from the existing makeup collection.

Fenty Christmas 2019

This year is the first year I feel like I would genuinely be missing out if I had not bought the products I had been eyeing up. I was prepared to go into town on launch day if I needed to but luckily I managed to get the sets I wanted from Boots in Essex, on the launch weekend. I think this collection has the perfect mix of new and existing products and not only that, they have expanded on the best products from the existing range. 

Also rather than there being an overwhelming selection of sets, there are only 4 sets in the Christmas range. 
  • Mini Lip Stunna - £11
  • Bomb Baby 2 Set - £19
  • Mini Body Lava - £19
  • Mini Gloss Bomb Set - £34
That's it, that's your selection and they all come at varying prices so there is something for everyone and every budget. Each set makes a great gift but also work together to make the ultimate Christmas look.


What Did I Buy From The Range?

I picked up two sets: one because it is an existing product in a mini size and I've always wanted to try it. The second because I picked up the previous version of this set and loved it. 

Mini Body Lava

The first set was clearly the Mini Body Lava as that is the only individual set you can buy full size. I remember when the Body Lava first launched, everyone wanted to try it but a lot of people had opinions on it. Some of the reviews were enough to put me off buying it but that was massively aided by the fact that it is £46 for the full size. When I saw the mini size I knew it would be a great way of finally testing it and really it is a good size for the amount I will use it.

This mini only comes in one shade which is Who Needs Clothes?! which was the lighter shade they created. To be fair there isn't a strong base colour to this product so anyone will be able to use this product. Instead of there being a strong colour, it is just a soft, champagne gold shimmer. The shade and overall look of this product is gorgeous! It reminds me of the Diamond Bomb Highlight in the fact that there is no real colour, it is just super shimmery and the shimmer looks like it is embedded in your skin rather than a product on top of your skin.


I've used shimmer body products before but this really does give you that supermodel shine and I think that is partially due to the way the product feels on your skin. This is where the negative reviews start to come in. This product is a gel formula which encapsulates the shimmer but this gel never fully dries down. The fact that it doesn't dry is what gives it such a dimensional finish but means it remains sticky and this tacky feeling is what has caused a lot of people to dislike the product. I don't mind it for the finish it gives but I certainly wouldn't chose that tacky feeling.

I waited to try this until I had a special occasion which ended up being Halloween. I decided to use it because I was wearing a mesh bodysuit and I thought a bit of shimmer under the mesh would look cute. The only problem was the tackiness from the Body Lava, it felt strange all night, like I wasn't dry but it wasn't awful. I'm not sure how it would feel on my bare arms and whether it would attract dirt. I did use a bit of Diamond Bomb on my chest and that was a bit better but it was a lot of glitter.

Other than that sticky feeling, I think this is a great product. It looks stunning on your skin, it doesn't have too much colour and it smells delicious. I think this smells quite sweet and candy like which I like but I can't imagine this scent is for everyone. I wouldn't buy the full size because you really can only use this when you want a lot of shine and those occasions do not come up very often for me. I think it is worth looking at getting the small bottle this Christmas if you are interested in this product, that way you aren't committed if you don't like the texture.

Bomb Baby 2

If you couldn't tell by the fact that it is called the Bomb Baby 2 Set, there was another version of this set which I have actually purchased. The Bomb Baby Set was initially launched in 2017 with a mini of the Fenty Glow Gloss Bomb and a mini Killawatt Highlight in Hu$tla Baby. From the moment I saw this set I wanted it and that was exactly how I felt when I saw this second edition. 

This second edition has the same format, just different shades and these shades are right up my alley. Both shades aren't part of their existing line up but they should be. The highlight is a Foil Killawatt in the shade Sand Castle (it was launched as part of the Summer collection,) and the gloss is called $weet Mouth. Both of which create a gorgeous Christmas glaze. 

Killawatt Foil Highlight

When the foils were first launched, the colours were very summery and definitely would have looked better on darker skin. The only duo that stood out to me was Sand Castle/Minted Mojito and that was down to the Sand Castle shade so when I saw that it was included in this set I was ecstatic that I was finally going to be able to try it. 

Looking at it, I wasn't sure if this was going to be too dark for me as it looks like a sort of silver/bronze but when this is blended out it definitely leans more towards silver. This is a foil so it is different from the other Killawatt highlights I've used, this gives a super high shine finish and it is incredibly metallic. It does say that it is a cream-to-powder finish, but I'm not sure about that, and highly pigmented. 

There is a massive colour pay off. If you do not like a present, incredibly blinding highlight then this isn't going to be for you, at all! I think this highlight is beautiful and incredibly versatile, I've even used it as an eyeshadow topper. I seriously hope they do a full size of this highlight, on its own, because I would buy it in a heartbeat.

$weet Mouth - Gloss Bomb

The OG Bomb Baby Set introduced me to the wonders of the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb which is truly the best lip gloss I have used. Previously I never liked gloss but this formula changed my mind. It is slightly sticky but nothing unbearable and it just gives an incredible shine to your lips which makes them look so juicy and plump. Not only that but the shade range is superb and $weet Mouth is just as gorgeous as the others.

I thought this was going to be similar to Fu$$y but it is actually lighter and slightly less glittery. $weet Mouth has a pink iridescent shimmer opposed to a glitter. Once again I hope this becomes a full size because this over the top of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Naked Liquid Lipstick is my dream lipstick combo at the moment. One additional benefit of the Fenty Glosses is that they have a sweet fruity scent.

All of the Fenty Glosses are stunning and $weet Mouth is one of the best. The colour pairing of this set is literally perfect, the formula of both products is great and they come in an incredibly handy travel size. If I were to recommend one set over the other as a gift, I would say go for the Bomb Baby 2 as I think it is a better all rounder and more generic which is what you need as a gift. 



Fenty have killed their Christmas collection this year and I think the limited range they have curated far surpasses the Christmas collections of previous years in terms of giftability. Not only that but I love every single product I bought.

You might also like:

Christmas Party Dresses
Blogmas 2019
Blogmas 2018
Intro to Blogmas 2018
Christmas Candles








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar